Skip to main content

Sister Galvan

Galvan's on YouTube, almost five years after we finished making Sister Galvan, soon after he died.  

Gary-the-editor did it. His email heading: late Xmas gift. Wonderful Gary. A clip of Galvan in his shower talking about his life as an ageing and castrated gay man. Another one where he talks about Holocaust gay artist Richard Grune. And one where he talks about New Zealand artist Colin McCahon.

And the clip where he talks about what makes gays gay, what being gay means to him. 

So now, just before he would have had his 68th birthday ("more than likely I'll live till I'm 86," he says in the film, how I miss him)  I'm asking friends to translate the tags into French and Spanish (there's a Spanish DVD) and monitoring viewer demographics on Insight. New Zealand viewers I can understand. And California. But why are most other viewers in North Carolina, Texas and Saudi Arabia? Korea, Ireland? And how can I get more viewers? 

Comments